Glenorchy is Tasmania’s fourth largest city with a population of 46,790. The City lies on the western shore of the Derwent River, next to the City of Hobart. Glenorchy is the second biggest employment location in greater Hobart and the industrial centre for Tasmania. Home to the world-famous Museum of Old and New Art (MONA), Glenorchy also has vibrant retail and community services sectors. Our community’s vision for the City is to be a proud city; a city of arts; of opportunity; of partnerships; a city that makes exciting things happen.
We are looking for an experienced Plant Operator/Multi-skilled Labourer to join our Capital Works Team. The Plant Operator/Multi-skilled Labourer will assist with the construction and maintenance of municipal assets.
The Candidate: To be considered, you will need to have the following:
- experience in the operation of heavy plant (up to 24T GVM) and equipment, including Excavators, Backhoes, and Tip Trucks and Trailers
- ability to undertake duties associated with maintenance and construction of roads, drainage and civil infrastructure including earthworks, concrete, and pipelaying work
- ability to provide hands on labouring work tasks associated with maintenance and construction of roads, drainage and other civil infrastructure
- use initiative and possess excellent problem-solving techniques and skills, including the ability to determine and apply quality control techniques.
- sound literacy, communication and interpersonal skills coupled with efficient time management skills.
- proven experience and knowledge of Work Health & Safety.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will hold:
- Certificate III in Civil, Horticulture or Building Construction or other relevant fields and post trade studies or modules towards Certificate IV OR has equivalent and extensive work experience
- will hold a current Medium Rigid Drivers licence, White Card and Traffic Management Accreditation.
Position Number: 100936
Position Hours: Full-Time: 38 hours per week, with 9 day fortnight
Salary: Schedule B, Salary Point 6: $58,762.98 - $61,850.28 in accordance with Glenorchy City Council’s Enterprise Agreement 2016
Probation Period: 12 weeks
The position includes generous terms and conditions as outlined in the Glenorchy City Council Enterprise Agreement 2016; including 13% superannuation.
Please note that all successful applicants will be required to provide a National Police Check and/or Vulnerable People Check prior to commencement of employment.
For further information on this position, contact Bernie Mastrocola, Capital Works Coordinator on (03) 6216 6800
How to apply: A copy of the position description can be found at Council's website: www.gcc.tas.gov.au
To be considered for this role, all applicants must address the selection criteria and provide a current resume.
Applications for this position should be lodged through the online submission site located at www.gcc.tas.gov.au
Applications close at 8pm on Sunday, 25 October 2020.