Glenorchy is Tasmania’s fourth largest city with a population of 46,790. The City lies on the western shore of the Derwent River, next to the City of Hobart. Glenorchy is the second biggest employment location in greater Hobart and the industrial centre for Tasmania. Home to the world-famous Museum of Old and New Art (MONA), Glenorchy also has vibrant retail and community services sectors. Our community’s vision for the City is to be a proud city; a city of arts; of opportunity; of partnerships; a city that makes exciting things happen.
We are looking for an experienced Team Leader - Hotmix to join the Roads and Stormwater Team, as a member of team this position is to provide guidance, instruction and leadership on the effective and efficient completion of labouring, plant and truck operation objectives associated with maintenance and construction of Council roads and civil infrastructure.
The Candidate: To be considered, you will need to have the following:
- The ability to provide pro-active leadership to the Hotmix Team, offer instruction and guidance on the work task and duties;
- to operate equipment efficiently and safely to ensure satisfactory completion of assigned duties;
- Ability to undertake duties associated with maintenance and construction of roads, drainage and civil infrastructure including earthworks, concrete, and pipelaying work;
- Competent operation of small plant and equipment;
- Be able to read and interpret plans and design drawings;
- Provide competent traffic management;
- Demonstrated experience to use initiative, problem solving techniques, be able to determine and apply quality control measures;
- Proven experience in WHS in the workplace.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will hold:
- Certificate IV (Trade Certificate) in Civil Construction and/or 4 years recent experience in Civil Construction, including working with asphalt;
- Current Medium Rigid Drivers licence;
- White Card;
- Traffic Management Accreditation.
Position Numbers: 100975
Position Hours: Full-Time: 38 hours per week, with 9 day fortnight
Salary: Schedule B, Salary Point 6: $58,762.98 - $61,850.28 in accordance with Glenorchy City Council’s Enterprise Agreement 2016
Probation Period: 12 weeks
The position includes generous terms and conditions as outlined in the Glenorchy City Council Enterprise Agreement 2016; including 13% superannuation.
Please note that all successful applicants will be required to provide a National Police Check and/or Vulnerable People Registration prior to commencement of employment.
For further information on this position, contact Matthew Brockman, Roads & Stormwater Coordinator on (03) 6216 6800.
How to apply: Applications for this position must be lodged through this online submission site or on the link located on the Careers page at www.gcc.tas.gov.au.
To be considered for this role, all applicants must address the selection criteria and provide a current resume.
A copy of the position description can be found on the link below or on Council's website: www.gcc.tas.gov.au
Applications close at 8pm on Sunday, 25th October 2020