We are looking for an experienced Business Development Officer to join the Glenorchy Jobs Hub team. You will be responsible for working with local employers and industry associations to understand their needs and assist with workforce development for the Glenorchy local government area.
The successful applicant will have:
- Previous experience within a Business Development Officer position or similar with proven ability to build successful partnerships.
- Understanding of contemporary recruitment solutions and ability to create strategies with employers and other organisations to increase workforce participation.
- Understanding of education and training opportunities as well as strong research skills.
- Effective organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines under conflicting pressures while being committed to meeting stakeholder expectations.
- Communication at all levels with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with people who have a diverse range of backgrounds and abilities.
- knowledge of growth industries within Glenorchy and support services for small to large business needs.
- Ability to plan and deliver activities and events of varying size and audiences.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new software.
- Ability to capture and record data relevant to the position.
- Experience within a Business Development Officer role or similar.
Position Hours: Full-Time, 75 hours fortnight.
Salary range: $72,139.60 to $81,190.93 plus superannuation
For further information on this position, contact Cassie Athanasiou, Jobs Hub Coordinator on (03) 6216 6800.
GCC Employee benefits:
- 14.5% superannuation (OTE)
- 9 day fortnight (RDO) with full time positions
- Glenorchy City Council’s Enterprise Agreement 2021
- Free parking
- Corporate Banking Benefits
- Corporate discounts on gym membership
- Corporate offers on Private Health Insurance
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Annual wage increases
- Social Club
- EAP services
- Low interest personal loans (LGAT)
How to apply: Applications for this position must be lodged on this site or on the Glenorchy City Council website www.gcc.tas.gov.au - Careers page.
To be considered for this role, all applicants must:
- Address the key selection criteria in the Position Description
- Provide a current Resume
- Provide a current National Police Check prior to employment
- Provide a Working with Vulnerable People Card
Applications close at 8pm on Sunday, 10 December 2023