We are looking for a Multi-Skilled Labourer – Hotmix to join the team. You will be responsible for undertaking labouring, plant and truck operation duties associated predominately with, but not limited to asphalt-based maintenance and construction activities related to Council roads and civil infrastructure.
The successful applicant will have:
- Sound knowledge and experience in working with asphalt and associated tasks.
- An understanding of concrete and formwork, pipe laying to line and grade;
- Be able to read and interpret plans and design drawings;
- Competent operation of small plant and equipment;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Proven experience in WH&S in the workplace.
- Certificate Ill Civil Construction and/or 2 years recent experience in Civil Construction, including working with asphalt on a regular basis;
- Current Medium Rigid Truck "MR" Class license;
- White Card;
- Traffic Management Accreditation.
Position hours: Full-Time, 76 hours fortnight.
Salary range: $56,695.81 to $59,580.30 plus superannuation
For further information on this position, contact Matthew Brockman, Roads & Stormwater Coordinator on (03) 6216 6800.
GCC Employee benefits:
- 14% superannuation (OTE)
- 9 day fortnight (RDO) with full time positions
- Glenorchy City Council’s Enterprise Agreement 2021
- Free parking
- Corporate Banking Benefits
- Corporate discounts on gym membership
- Corporate offers on Private Health Insurance
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Annual wage increases
- Social Club
- EAP services
- Low interest personal loans (LGAT)
How to apply: Applications for this position must be lodged on this site or on the Glenorchy City Council website www.gcc.tas.gov.au - Careers page.
To be considered for this role, all applicants must:
- Address the key selection criteria in the Position Description
- Provide a current Resume
- Provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccinations
Applications close at 8pm on Sunday, 2 April 2023