We are looking for two suitably qualified and experienced Planning Officers to join the Planning Services team. You will be responsible to undertake statutory planning duties for a broad range of applications within Council's Planning Section.
The candidates will have a proven ability to work as part of a team and autonomously, a commitment to quality customer service, be highly organised with well-developed analytical, technical and presentation skills appropriate to statutory planning work.
The successful candidates will possess a qualification in planning-related field, such as Urban Planning, Environmental Planning or Regional Planning. With a sound understanding of the Tasmanian Resource Management and Planning System and statutory planning processes and relevant experience in a similar role.
Consideration may also be given to candidates with minimal experience and recent graduates are also encouraged to apply.
Position Number: 100072 & 100074
Position Hours: Permanent Full-Time, 75 hours fortnight.
Salary: $80,941.99 to $91,098.10, plus superannuation.
For further information on this position, contact Trevor Boheim, Coordinator Planning Services on (03) 6216 6800.
GCC Employee benefits:
- 14% superannuation (OTE)
- 9 day fortnight (RDO) with full time positions
- Glenorchy City Council’s Enterprise Agreement 2021
- Free parking
- Corporate Banking Benefits
- Corporate discounts on gym membership
- Corporate offers on Private Health Insurance
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Annual wage increases
- Social Club
- EAP services
- Low interest personal loans (LGAT)
How to apply: Applications for this position must be lodged on this site or on the Glenorchy City Council website www.gcc.tas.gov.au - Careers page.
To be considered for this role, all applicants must:
- Address the key selection criteria in the Position Description
- Provide a current Resume
- Provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccinations
- Provide a current National Police Check
Applications close at 8pm on Sunday, 12 February 2023