We are looking for a suitably qualified Plant Operator/Civil Construction Worker to join the team. You will be responsible for construction of municipal assets, ensuring they are well maintained with a high-level of understanding of civil construction methods and practices.
The successful applicant will have:
- The ability to operate plant and equipment efficiently and safely adhering to Safe Operating Procedures (SOPS) and Safe Work Method Statements
- capable of advanced concrete and formwork, use of precision measuring instruments, pipe laying to line and grade, with proven ability to read and interpret plans and design drawings
- use initiative and possess excellent problem-solving techniques and skills, including the ability to determine and apply quality control techniques
- sound literacy, communication and interpersonal skills coupled with efficient time management skills.
Certificate III (Trade Level) in Civil, Horticulture or Building Construction or other relevant fields and post trade studies or modules towards Certificate IV OR has equivalent and extensive work experience.
Position Hours: Full-Time, 76 hours per fortnight.
Salary range: $61,256.94 to $64,475.27 plus superannuation
For further information on this position, contact Gilbert Dillon, Capital Works Coordinator on (03) 6216 6800.
GCC Employee benefits:
- 14% superannuation (OTE)
- 9 day fortnight (RDO) with full time positions
- Glenorchy City Council’s Enterprise Agreement 2021
- Corporate Banking Benefits
- Corporate discounts on gym membership
- Corporate offers on Private Health Insurance
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Annual wage increases
- Social Club
- EAP services
- Low interest personal loans (LGAT)
How to apply: Applications for this position can be dropped off at our Works Centre (34 Vieste Drive, Glenorchy) or lodged on this submission site or on the Glenorchy City Council website www.gcc.tas.gov.au - Careers page.
To be considered for this role, all applicants must address the key selection criteria in the Position Description and provide a current resume.
A copy of the position description can be found by clicking the below hyperlink or on the Glenorchy City Council website or collect from the Works Centre.
Applications close at 8pm on Sunday, 5 February 2023