We are looking for a suitably qualified Team Leader – Hotmix to join the team. You will be responsible for providing guidance, instruction, and leadership on the effective and efficient completion of labouring, plant and truck operation objectives associated with maintenance and construction of Council roads and civil infrastructure.
The successful applicant will have:
- Proven ability to successfully supervise and lead others in a Team.
- Current experience in using small plant and equipment, including compactors, rollers and other plant associated with road maintenance works.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and to adapt to a changing environment.
- A well-developed understanding and knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety.
- Physically fit and proven ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Certificate IV (Trade Certificate) Civil Construction and/or 4 years recent experience in Civil Construction, including working with asphalt on a regular basis.
- Current Medium Rigid Truck "MR" Class license
- White Card
- Traffic Management Accreditation
Position Hours: Full-Time, 76 hours fortnight.
Salary range: $61,256.94 to $64,475.27 plus superannuation
For further information on this position, contact Matthew Brockman, Roads & Stormwater Coordinator on (03) 6216 6800.
GCC Employee benefits:
- 14% superannuation (OTE)
- 9 day fortnight (RDO) with full time positions
- Glenorchy City Council’s Enterprise Agreement 2021
- Free parking
- Corporate Banking Benefits
- Corporate discounts on gym membership
- Corporate offers on Private Health Insurance
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Annual wage increases
- Social Club
- EAP services
- Low interest personal loans (LGAT)
How to apply: Applications for this position must be lodged on this site or on the Glenorchy City Council website www.gcc.tas.gov.au - Careers page.
To be considered for this role, all applicants must:
- Address the key selection criteria in the Position Description
- Provide a current Resume
- Provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccinations
- Provide a current National Police Check
Applications close at 8pm on Sunday, 11 December 2022